You must first make sure your GPS locations are setup on your keypads before tenants will ever be able to use their app to open the gates. If any tenant has opened the gate via their app in the past, then your GPS locations are set.
- The customer must make sure they have allowed their GEO locations to be turned on. If they do not have that allowed as "ALWAYS ALLOW" on their cell phone, the gate open will not work properly.
- If a customer has WIFI turned on, their phone may catch a nearby WIFI signal and it will use that nearby signal as their current location. If this occurs, it will show the customers location being where ever the modem and router connection is positioned. Chances are the modem/router will be outside of the 80' to 100' radius, which will deny the customer access to using the App to open the gate.
- Keep in mind, the customer can always use the keypad manually to open the gate if the app doesn't not work but only if your Sitelink settings allow them to access your location at that particular time.
- App users must always make sure they keep their app updated by allowing Updates to run automatically on their phone otherwise they will have to check for updates manually. 99% of the time, this is the cause for malfunction. Your tenants must update their app when we release new improvements.
- If a tenant tells you they can't figure out why the app isn't functioning, you will save yourself a good bit of time by having them completely delete the app from their phone and reload. Otherwise, they will want to insist they have done everything right when they have not. Click here to see how to delete apps from mobile devices. Android has to be deleted a different way. Feel free to provide this link below to your customers.